Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I got cut off yesterday, or should I say interrupted. That's why the abrupt end. I believe I was waxing philosophical about something or other. Some kind of heartache. Something. I'm mired in all the trials and tribulations of my family, my kids, their kids, their loves, until I think I have disappeared in the depth of it all. Who am I anyway? Am I more than the reflection of them? I don't know anymore.

But it's 163 days today till retirement. Seriously, in all honesty, I do not know if I can make it. Taking a look at the numbers, including today, that's 109 work days, 54 days off. It's 23 and a half more weeks. It's one more Christmas, one more Thanksgiving, one more Remembrance Day, one more back-to-school season, one more New Years. It's one more paid week of holidays this year, and the four weeks next year. Will I make it?

Doctors appointment tomorrow, seeing Dr. Black again. Will I make it? Maybe he can say...

No comments: